YouTuber launches the brand on Walmart after setting it up at age 13

  • YouTuber Fiona Frills just launched Frilliance, her skincare and beauty brand, at Walmart.
  • He created the brand at the age of 13 using his savings popular youtube channel, as well as acting jobs.
  • Frills said social media plays a key role in his business, but physical retailing is also important.

An 18-year-old YouTuber just launched her own skin care and beauty brand at Walmart.

Fiona Frills, who refused to share her real name, started the business when she was 13 at the back of her popular YouTube channel. She now has 922,000 YouTube subscribers and 186,300 followers on TikTok and sells her products in over 400 Walmart stores across the United States.

Frills was only 11 when he created his YouTube channel to discuss beauty, makeup and skincare.

But then his skin started to get inflamed.

“At certain times, I wasn’t standing in front of a certain window or a certain lighting because I knew my skin was going to be so bad,” she said.

Frills told Insider that she stopped using skincare and makeup for a while and that her skin looked noticeably improved. So she studied the ingredients of the products and found that they were “terrible” for teenagers.

Her experience led her to launch her own brand, Frilliance, to help other teens with their skin. Frills said he funded the launch using about $ 35,000 in savings from YouTube revenue and acting jobs.

While her friends were stressed about their homework, she worried about her website

Creating such a young business “was certainly complicated,” Frills said. These included participating in an incubation fund for creators who suggested she discontinue the brand, she said.

Frills said his mother was the “backbone” of the company and managed the back-end operations while Frills herself handled much of the front-end.

“I was super stressed out and never really felt normal in any way,” Frills told Insider. “I was like, ‘oh my God, why am I stressing out a business at 14?’ It was kind of weird in a way; my friends got stressed out about their homework and I was like, ‘oh my god, my website is crashing.’ “

Frills graduated from high school in 2019 and now takes courses in marketing, sales, business, and public speaking, which she found was difficult to balance with posting on her social media and building her business.

Fiona Frills Frillance

Fiona Frills has over 900,000 YouTube subscribers and nearly 200,000 TikTok followers.

Steve Di Bartolomeo


Frills said she had a few contractors who helped her with graphic design, photography and web design, “but no full-time employees other than my mother and I.” Frills lives in Arizona, but the products are made in a laboratory in California that employs approximately 170 people in total.

Frills said he spent around 70% of his time on Frilliance, split between activities like posting on the brand’s social media accounts, researching ingredients, testing products, and web design. The remaining 30% of her time is spent on her social media presence.

Social media plays an important role in his business because that’s “exactly where our demographic is,” Frills said. Fans review her products, Frilliance caters Facebook marketing to moms, and Frills herself even teaches people to become social media representatives. Sales of the brand on Amazon more than doubled during the pandemic, according to Frills.

But social media isn’t everything, Frills said, and that’s where the Walmart partnership comes in. The demographic of its products is largely young, which means that not everyone has access to online shopping. Stocking up on products at a retailer means preteens can buy the products with their allowance or when they shop with their moms, she said.

Frilliance’s products launched at Walmart in March. The products are launched in approximately 430 stores covering nearly all states as part of its Open Call program. Walmart’s website lists Frilliance lip glosses for between $ 9.90 and $ 12.90, as well as product bundles that cost as little as $ 32.90.

“We are already seeing very good sales,” Frills said. “Walmart is issuing additional purchase orders beyond their initial sales forecast.”

Leave a Comment