Dr. Michael Mosley joined wellness expert Liz Earle for a Facebook Live earlier this year and the couple discussed their numerous weight loss diets. During their conversation, Dr. Michael talked about the keto diet and how it can help someone “burn fat around.” [the] belly area “. He gave a detailed explanation of what happens to the body when fewer carbohydrates are consumed.
Liz said, “Keto is when you put yourself in ketosis.
“Can you define, as a doctor, from a medical point of view – what happens in our body?”
Dr Michael replied: “Generally, we are like a hybrid car: we run on two power systems, sugar and fat.
“Most of the time we’re mostly dealing with sugar, the fat is there – it’s money in the ban, your body is reluctant to move the fat, so it burns instead of sugar.
READ ALSO: Doctor on Foods to Eat and Avoid Losing Weight in Menopause
The Fast 800 Keto Burger
It takes 20 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook, the recipe needs one.
Dr Michael said, “This keto burger is a great option if you’re looking to cut down on your carb intake and help your body go into ketosis.
“A standard takeaway burger will make you feel unsatisfied and hungry, being high in refined carbohydrates and trans fats.
“However, our burger will give you long-lasting energy, help you burn fat and lose weight for better health.”
There are 480 calories per serving, 37.6g of protein, 3.2g of fiber, 3.4g of carbohydrates and 34.7g of fat.
A tablespoon of melted unsalted butter
A large egg
A spoonful of milk
A spoonful of almond flour
A spoonful of coconut flour
Eighth of a teaspoon of baking powder
Poppy seeds, optional
100 g of lean ground beef
A quarter of a teaspoon of garlic powder
Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
20 g cheddar cheese, sliced
A quarter of a baby so lettuce
A quarter of a tomato, sliced
A teaspoon of whole egg mayonnaise (new ingredient)
A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C / 180 ° C / 350 ° F / Gas mark four.
2. In a bowl combine the butter, egg, milk, coconut and almond flour and baking powder. Mix with a whisk until the mixture is homogeneous and smooth.
3. Lightly grease one or more 12 cm circular molds, then pour the batter into one or more molds and level the surface.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the surface of the bread is reborn when touched rather than sinking, then allow the bread to cool slightly.
5. While the sandwiches are cooking, prepare your hamburger patties: mix the minced beef with the oregano, the garlic powder and salt and pepper. Shape into round meatballs (the same size as your molds).
6. Fry the meatballs in a skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes per side.
7. Once turned upside down, place the slice of cheese on top and lower the heat and place a lid on the pan to help melt the cheese.
8. Use a spatula to unmold the bread from the sides of the pan and unmold it.
9. Cut the sandwich in half horizontally and spread the mayonnaise on it before layering the lettuce and tomato.
10. Top with your burger and bun top. Serve with a crisp green salad or steamed low-calorie non-starchy vegetables.