Images via Digital Extremes
The Warframe Ephemeral cosmetics allow players to customize their characters even more with special visual effects, giving them another way to stand out from other players. Warframe is a free-to-play third-person shooter where players don special combat suits called Warframes, which have tons of options for customization. If you need to know how the Warframe Ephermera cosmetics work and how to acquire them, we’ve got you covered.
- Wondering if there is a Warframe cross play system? Find out everything we know about the game’s upcoming crossplay feature.
Warframe Ephemera: what are Ephemera?
A Warframe Ephemera is a type of cosmetic item that can be equipped with your Warframes and Operators. They give you special visual effects that emanate from your character’s body and create a trail as you move, giving you an extra form of customization to create your own unique character. There are many Ephemera in the game and they can be obtained in a variety of ways, ranging from creating them yourself, to purchasing them and earning them from special events. It is worth noting that they cannot be traded with other players though.
To use and equip them, you will need to go to the Arsenal page which you can access from your Orbiter. Switch to the Appearance tab on this page, then locate the Attachments option. From here there will be a section for your Ephemera cosmetics where you can select and equip them, but if you haven’t acquired any of these cosmetics yet, the option will not appear.
List of Warframe ephemerals
Below is the list of all current Ephemera in the game. We will list the name and description of it, but keep in mind that some of these come from special events in the game’s past and can no longer be accessed.
- Bloody body – A macabre blood effect emanates from your Warframe
- Body smoking – Warframe’s body emits smoke
- Conquest – Wear the ephemeral ribbon as a symbol of support in the quest to defeat cancer
- Skull – Surround yourself with the echoes of the fallen – earned on the Steel Road
- Eidolon – Move like the Eidolons and coldly burn the ground with footsteps of sparkling Void energy
- Fairy trail – Your Warframe leaves behind a trail of fireflies and forest leaves
- Putrescent – Persistent sores and bubbles burst with every move
- Ki’Teer – Spread the influence of the largest trader in the System wherever you go
- Lotus – Your Warframe leaves a trail of scented petals in its wake
- obsidian – A new generation ephemeral
- Baurahn First – Enveloping, hissing, the spirits of the flames ride with their fellows
- Prime chain – Levitating crystals create a network of luminous connections; The ephemeral feature of Gara Prime
- Main component – Luminous plasma escapes from surfaces in your presence
- Sanguinax Primo – Spread the wings of Garuda Prime’s slaughter with this flowing Ephemera
- Protovyre – An evolving Ephemera that draws on Sentient technology, allowing you to upgrade to Protovyre Emergent and Protovyre Apex
- Spring pass – Mark the path to a new season with a trail of decorative eggs
- Nabero – A warrior walks, alone in the crowd, companion of the moon, fog and bat, with a gloomy vision that envelops the mind
- Nittalo – Spread the membranous wings of the night with this creepy Ephemera
- Production chain – A thief sneaks, down a line, deadly patience his tactics, in glittering moonlight eyes shine, ruthless and stealthy arachnid
- Dog days – Immerse yourself with this Ephemera Dog Days
- Wings of Eros – Wings to lift your love to the stars
- Frost – Become the heart of winter, under a falling snow cloud
- Peach flower – Surround your Warframe with gently falling peach blossoms to celebrate the Lunar Renewal
- – A cold and imperious Ephemera seized from a converted or vanquished Sister of Parvos
- Hypatia – A radiant Ephemera seized from a converted or defeated Sister of Parvos
- Kyruna – A surprising Ephemera kidnapped from a converted or defeated Sister of Parvos
- Lucretia – Create poisonous plots in this Ephemera kidnapped from a converted or defeated Sister of Parvos
- Solemn – A magnetically compelling ephemeral kidnapped from a converted or defeated sister of Parvos
- Sibillina – Information flows like a living current through this Ephemera seized from a converted or vanquished Sister of Parvos
- Tsarina – An incredibly regal ephemeral kidnapped from a converted or defeated sister of Parvos
- spore – Infested spores come from your Warframe
- Fiery step – The Warframe leaves fiery footprints in its wake
- Freezing phase – The Warframe leaves icicles like footprints in its wake
- Sowing phase – The Warframe leaves grassy footprints in its wake
- Shocking step – The Warframe leaves fingerprints with electricity in its wake
- Dark – Walk wrapped in Sentient without light
- Tennocon 2021 – Awarded to those who joined to celebrate at TennoCon 2021
- Trio Orbit – Surround yourself with a trio of orbiting energy, gained on the Steel Road
- Vengeful charge – A shocking Ephemera seized from a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vengeful cold – A cold Ephemera seized from a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vengeful Flame – A fiery Ephemera seized from a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vengeful tug – A magnetic ephemeral seized from a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vindictive shockwave – An ephemeral object that echoes the punitive impacts, seized from a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vengeful toxin – A toxic miasma ephemeral seized by a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Vengeful cheater – The energy of the Warframes cheat is embodied in this colorful Ephemera, kidnapped by a converted or defeated Kuva Lich
- Verv – Make your presence known with every move
- Waveform – Sweet frequencies resonate in this Nightwave-themed Ephemera
That’s it for the Warframe Ephemeral cosmetics and now you know what they are and how to equip them, along with a list of all those currently in play.