With glamorous prom dresses, recycled denim and everything in between, Syracuse Fashion Week 2022 held its latest show Saturday night at the Washington Luxury Apartments.
The former NYNEX building has undergone a $ 43 million renovation in recent years, transforming the top nine floors of the 10-story building into more than 200 luxury apartments with panoramic views of the Syracuse skyline.
A catwalk occupied the lounge on one of the building’s upper floors, with models surrounding the audience seated on casual couches and loveseats. The building was built in 1970 and housed the offices of the New York Telephone Co. and its successor, Nynex. It stood empty for many years before the “New York City style living” remodel.
Here are some highlights from the closing night of Syracuse Fashion Week 2022:
· The start of the show was Kalthom Aljiboury, an independent designer who graduated from Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts. The Aljiboury line included long dresses and beach dresses with a majestic style. Each piece is highly detailed and embellished with beautiful stitching.
· A mother-daughter collection from the designer Ezmira Neshawait featured trendy, recycled looks. The designer said she wants to create unique pieces like every relationship between mother and daughter. One of the mother-daughter couples took to the catwalk in jeans, converse and white tutu, combing her hair with pink highlights and purple ribbons.
· Lucky Mae’s wardrobe walked the runway for the second consecutive night, this time with a modern twist for Netflix’s Bridgerton. The elaborate vintage and retro-inspired garments were paired with garter belts, stockings, headdresses and beads. The models wore white and colored bustiers and corsets and great wigs.
Students from the fashion department of Cazenovia College changed the pace of the show as the models walked the runway in their recycled denim outfits. The college’s “Look Again” project reuses garments donated to The Key consignment shop, turning everyday items into one-of-a-kind fashion statements.
The students sent two collections to the runway, including floral prints and swimwear paired with tan wedges and colorful pumps.
· Baldwinsville Bridal Bliss shared several elaborate wedding dresses, as well as bridesmaid dresses and prom dresses.
· The Alter ego closed the show with colorful mesh cardigans, bikini covers, leggings and crop tops. One of the models walked the runway in a one-piece blue tutu style that she paired with an orange headpiece. Rainbow veils, skirts and accessories danced along the runway, including a belt decorated with the word “HUMAN” in a rainbow print.
More coverage from Syracuse Fashion Week Siracusa.com
Syracuse Fashion Week is back on the catwalk with 22 local designers, more than 120 models
Syracuse Fashion Week 2022 begins with the energetic “Spring Fling” at the Aloft Hotel Inner Harbor (photo)
Models and mac n ‘cheese: Syracuse Fashion Week 2022 shows at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que