The year 2021 has been centered around skin care gaining more prominence and some makeup trends are back and hence, the year 2022 will be the year of damage control more than damage repair with more people attracted to care. of the skin and understand its importance while greeting beauty products and routines that do not add value. From skin minimalism where people have embraced the natural texture of their skin to clean beauty and sustaining sustainability, 2021 has seen it all, but as we embark on a new journey in 2022, we’ve decided to bring in a few beauty experts to reveal the trends in cosmetics and skincare that will go big this year.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Aarti Gill, co-founder and CEO of OZiva, shared: “The rise of the informed modern consumer has led to the emergence of holistic beauty, that is, beauty inside and out. Moving forward, we will see a growing demand for ingestible beauty products. Also, as the consumer evolves, we will see a huge demand for Clean Beauty products that have health benefits. “
He explained: “Clean Beauty is based on a fundamental concept that what we apply to our body has a profound impact on our overall health and well-being. There is also an increased awareness of clean beauty labels and the impact it has on the body. and the environment. Therefore, the industry is witnessing the rise of unconventional clean and holistic beauty brands, free of spurious chemicals and additives. In the beauty segment, we can expect greater popularity in the plant-based beauty segment. , that is the use of phytonutrients derived from botanical ingredients and supported by science “.
As the modern customer relies on a variety of online personalities and offline peers for advice and advice on what to buy and use, Zlade co-founder Suraj Chaudhari said, “Although the status quo has certainly changed in beauty and recent past, with new brands and old players introducing new products and solutions, the landscape is still full of brands and companies that “tell” the consumer what they should do. In 2022, we expect this to change as today’s consumer has challenges , specific needs and requests “.
He added: “The brands that can successfully fill this void are the ones that will dominate the roost this year. From skin darkening and fine wrinkles to dryness and acne, skin health awareness is at the highest level and the Brands will benefit from this by offering natural or organic skincare products that ensure their effectiveness. With sustainability, reusability and self-care at the top of brand-conscious new age consumers, we are seeing a distinct change in how customers interact with brands and their products “.
Highlighting that the year 2021 was filled with many major beauty and makeup trends which included the emergence of the vitamin C skincare range, awareness of chemical peels and the growing demand for skin care products. Korean skin, Vanshika Kapuria, Brand Manager of Swiss Beauty, has listed some of the trends in cosmetics and skincare that are going to be big this year. They include:
1. Less is more – Going strong and bold is a thing of the past, the concept of “less is more” is now very much accepted and loved. Skipping a heavy foundation base with a good moisturizer not only saves time but also helps you look more natural; add a speck of blush and lip tint and the look is sure to win hearts.
2. Gloss – Sure kids of the 90s were obsessed with lip glosses, and 2022 seems to have brought the same generation back. In the past, glosses were sticky, could not last long and were only available in one “clear” variant, unlike today, where you can choose from quality glosses available in a myriad of shades.
3. Lip shadows – One trend that has made a comeback is ombre lips. Well, if you’re a social media expert and love scrolling through Instagram, you’ve surely come across makeup aficionados using their brow pencil as a lip liner, skipping lipsticks with a blush color and gloss. It sure looks minimalist but classy and is one of the tricks to use if you are bored with your regular lipsticks. The idea is to use a slightly pink tone in the center of the lips and complement it with a gloss to give a more natural effect.
Stating that the beauty industry is constantly changing and seeing new trends every day, Dolly Kumar, founder and director of Cosmic Nutracos Pvt Ltd, stressed that while not all of them are successful, some do make their place in the spotlight. According to her, the beauty trends for 2022 are:
1. Awareness of clean beauty it has gained much-needed attention and has established itself strongly. This will be a very important phenomenon throughout the year. Consumers have become more aware of the importance of natural, chemical-free products and how harmful long-term toxic chemicals are. So, with the changing times, the industry is also adapting to these rules.
2. Another important trend that we will see is anti-inflammatory skin care routine. With more people understanding the importance of identifying the problems that trigger inflammation, they are opting for a skincare routine that avoids skin irritation and following regimens that strengthen skin as an organ.
3. Another trend that could become popular would be LED treatment, that is, light-emitting diodes. LED is a therapeutic process in which the skin is exposed to wavelengths of light that further help improve the skin’s texture, making it more plump and smoother. It improves collagen production, tightens pores and treats acne and breakouts. It goes without saying that the good habit of applying sunscreen does not and should not stop being trendy.
4. Furthermore, the ‘clear course of the scalpis gaining immense popularity and why not! The scalp is an important part of the skin that has been neglected for quite a long time. Not only does it help with hair growth, but it is responsible for the breakouts on the face, mainly the forehead section. The overall health of your skin depends on the hair care routine you follow, and a healthy scalp automatically improves skin texture.
5. Skin care with natural and chemical-free products It will continue to be a buzzing trend as it gained popularity during the lockdown and people realized that natural products and skin feeding with super foods will add that natural glow and make skin healthy from the inside out.
Some of the other noteworthy trends in makeup include applying sunscreen and tinted moisturizers instead of heavy foundations, using a single shade of color instead of multiple, and highlighting the cheeks, lips, and eyelids to give a monochromatic look. Experts believe these trends will persist for a long time into 2022.